There are quite a few recipes online for these sandwiches; I have tried different variations myself before settling on this one as my favorite. These are great for a potluck, game day or easy dinner. The recipe below can also easily be doubled if you are serving a crowd; believe me, no one eats just one of these sliders!
HAWAIIAN HAM & CHEESE SLIDERS
- 12-pack King’s Hawaiian Rolls
- 12 slices of deli ham
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese cut into fourths (you’ll want 24 small pieces of cheese)
- 3/4 stick of butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Worchestire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of onion flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut rolls in half, lining bottom of 9×13-inch cake pan with bottom half of rolls.
- Place a cheese slice on each roll, followed by a folded up piece of ham.
- Top the ham with another piece of cheese and put on the top of the roll.
- In a small saucepan or in the microwave, melt butter/margarine. Add in poppy seeds, Worchestire sauce, Dijon mustard, and onion flakes. Stir until well blended.
- Pour butter mixture over rolls. Let stand for 10 minutes
- Put a piece of foil over the rolls and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 2 minutes.
Note that you can also prep these ahead of time, even making them the night before and keeping them in the refrigerator until baking them. Just leave them sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before putting them into the oven; otherwise, it will be hard to heat the ham but the outside bread will burn.