I discovered this recipe years ago when I was at a Tastefully Simply party. Since I don’t drink beer or ever buy any, I wasn’t interested in regular beer bread; but when I tasted this variation, I ordered a box.
Note that cinnamon chips can be hard to find. Hershey’s makes them, and in my area I can find them at the Fareway grocery stores. Some stores only carry them seasonally, though, as they consider them a holiday baking item.
EASY CINNAMON SODA BREAD
- 1 box of Beer Bread Mix (I use Tastefully Simple)
- 1 can of lemon-lime soda (Sprite or 7-Up)
- 1 cup of cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven according to bread package directions.
- Spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the beer bread mix, soda and cinnamon chips together until just blended. Don’t over mix; batter will be lumpy.
- Bake according to bread package directions.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.