Confession: This “new” recipe is actually one that I already have here on the blog! These Brown Sugar Bacon Bites are just another name for these Holiday Bacon Appetizers, which are a Pioneer Woman creation that I first posted about last year. However, at that time I only made the Parmesan cheese version. Recently, I made the brown sugar version….and they were so good that I decided they needed their own dedicated recipe write up!
A Club cracker with brown sugar wrapped in bacon and baked didn’t sound very appealing to me when I first saw these being made on the “Pioneer Woman” show. Since I’m a cheese lovin’ gal, I naturally went for the Parm version. And while the Parm option is good, the brown sugar ones are GREAT! And I don’t think they should be relegated to only the holidays; these can be made year round!
BROWN SUGAR BACON BITES
- Club Crackers
- Brown Sugar
- Bacon (the thinner the bacon, the better, as you will need to stretch it a bit to completely cover the cracker)
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Place a baking rack on a jelly roll pan. Pictured below is a set on Amazon that is similar to the one I use.
- On a separate cookie sheet, lay out the club crackers (I used one sleeve of them).
- Use a teaspoon measuring spoon and scoop approximate one teaspoon of cheese onto each cracker (this is very messy, and some cheese will fall off).
- Take a half slice of bacon, and wrap it around the cracker and cheese. Pull on the bacon a bit to stretch it out as you want to cover as much of the cracker as possible.
- Place each wrapped cracker on the baking rack that is in the jelly roll pan.
- Back for 2 hours.
The links in the post above may be affiliate links. Read our Full Disclosure.