Have the flavors of summer all year long with these S’mores Cookie Bars! As you can see in the photo above, you can make them festive by using holiday marshmallows – pictured are Halloween, but right now you could use Christmas ones!
S’MORES COOKIE BARS
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix (make sure you get the full-size bag, not the snack-size bag)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted (I used a stick of each today as that is what was open in my fridge)
- 3 cups chocolate chips or 6 chocolate bars (my favorite blend is 2 cups milk chocolate chips and 1 cup peanut butter chips)
- 4 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar cookie mix, graham crackers and melted butter.
- Press mixture into 13×9-inch pan. You can line pan with foil if you’d like, but it isn’t necessary. Foil does make it easier to lift out the bars and cut when cool.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and pour chocolate chips or place chocolate bars on top of cookie layer. Wait a few minutes until chips begin to melt. Spread the chocolate evenly over the cookie layer.
- Set oven to broil.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows over chocolate. Broil for 20-30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted. Watch carefully as the marshmallows toast fast!
- Allow to cool (if you can wait that long) and cut into bars.
I also filmed a short video showing how to make these: